Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wedding cake practice

I was asked to make a wedding cake for a wedding that is next week. So I wanted to try what she asked me to do and that is put gold leaf on the cake. So I baked a cake and iced it with buttercream icing because I have only used fondant once and am not sure I could do a good job with that. I do not have my edible gold leaf yet but wanted to see how it went on buttercream so I used regular gold leaf and tried it.
It actually turned out pretty good. I think when I do it the icing needs to be more set and smoother.
It is just a 6" cake and is for a barn wedding so I made this cake stand to use for it. 
She wanted a topper but couldn't find one she liked so I made a small peach and white poppy to go on top and it will be on...you guessed it...a piece of sugar veil lace! Now I just need my edible gold to get here...
I peeled off the gold icing part and turned the cake into a Memorial Day cake with raspberry glaze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti