Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mini Ice Cream Cones

I love little things. Small bowls, little silverware, tiny cups...you name it. Well, I saw these tiny ice cream cones and just knew I needed them. 
They are about 1&3/4 inches tall and about 1 inch across. SO cute. Well, again, I had cake still leftover so I made some ganauche instead of icing and mixed it with the crumbled chocolate cake. It was delicious so I made so little ice cream cone cake balls out of it. Before I filled them with the cake mixture I poured in ganauche and then poured it back out and put them upside down on a cooling rack to drain out more.
I also made some little apple tarts. I cut the apples into rings and cooked them in butter, cinnamon and brown sugar until they were soft but not falling apart.
To fill the hole I chopped up the small pieces and ends and cooked them in the same butter and sugar mixture. After I took the apples out to cool, I continued to cook down the juice and made an apple flavored caramel. I let those cool in the fridge. So today I made the pie dough and used two different size round cutters to make the tarts.
I brushed them with egg wash and sprinkled them with green sugar.
Baked them at 375 for 30 minutes on a parchment lined tray.
After they were done I drizzled them with the caramel that I made out of the juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti