Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cheesecake cake

Bobbi sent me a picture of a cake and a link to the recipe one day and asked me to make it for the ladies at the salon. So I set about making it. First let me say that the recipe printed out 7 pages! I read the whole thing and simplified it vastly yet followed the ingredients as best I could. I just replaced artificial flavoring with actual fruit and zest. In other words I used lemon zest and lemon juice in place of lemon flavoring, orange zest and juice along with some orange flavoring, raspberry filling instead of raspberry flavoring. She also had you making each cheesecake layer seperately so instead I made all three together minus any flavoring and then seperated them into 3 bowls and flavored them. It was layered with white cake. I used her recipe and think I would use my own next time. Bobbi said it was very good so that is the goal. 
I thought the cheesecakes a bit thin but maybe not.
She also baked her cakes in sheet pans and cut out her circles so that there wasn't baked brown edges but since I was covering it with the whipped cream topping it didn't matter to me. Also I added a cake layer to the bottom because the cheese cake seemed like it wouldn't be as sturdy.
It is just iced with whipped cream mixed with a bit of powdered sugar and vanilla. 
So I took some fruit and sugarveil lace I had made and decorated it.
Bobbi said it tasted "like heaven" so that was good.
Successful endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti