Sunday, May 31, 2015

All My Ducks in a Row

I was digging through my stencils and found some that would fit in my stencil genie so I thought I would make some cookies for a friend who is expecting. I wanted to make gingham ducks with a monogram on them.



First I just did them solid white and let it dry completely.
When they were dry I put the stencil over them and sprayed one direction. Cleaned it off, turned it and sprayed again.
It worked perfectly!
I have an airbrush but for small basic color jobs you just can't beat Wilton's spray colors. That is what I used for these. I let them dry again and when I was sure that the icing was solid I drew the stitching on them. And used the letter stencil to draw the "P" on.
I have these amazing Rainbow Dust two ended food grade pens. The have an ultra fine end and a fine end. 23 colors. 
I made the button eyes out of gum paste. I used a large piping tip to cut out the circle and then put the holes in it with my stick tool. The I piped on a black "thread" on them with a "00" tip. Glued them on with a dot of grey icing. I think the button just finished them perfectly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti