Monday, August 1, 2016

Fruit Cake (literally)

Our 35th Anniversary was July 25. All our kids plus some that we consider our kids, were coming to dinner. So I made a cake. Vanilla cake, strawberry buttercream, dark chocolate ganache, and chocolate dipped strawberries, cherries, blueberries and blackberries. 
It was delicious. 
The strawberry buttercream was made by pulverizing Trader Joe's freeze dried strawberries (1 bag) into a fine powder in my processor and adding it to vanilla buttercream. It was amazing. I don't like the artificial flavorings because sometimes I just taste a weird alcohol taste. This just tasted like fresh strawberries. It works with raspberry too but you must sift it to get out the seeds or that is just nasty icing with seeds. I suppose it would work with any freeze dried fruit. I now have bags of all sorts of freeze dried fruit in my pantry! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti