Thursday, August 11, 2016

Flea Market Find...

The Fourth of July Bryan and I went to a Flea Market and there is always a Tupperware lady at these. I love looking at what they have in their bins. I happened upon this little gadget for $3. Let me tell you it was worth every penny! I made apple pie tarts the other day and three at a time was wonderful. Also the cutter on the back side cuts the dough slightly larger so that it fits still with the ingredients in the pocket! Genius!
I put an egg wash to help seal them and I put in 1/8 of a small Apple coated in cinnamon sugar and then a tsp of salted caramel that I had made.
I learned on the first one not to pinch it too tightly. 
Egg washed the top and sprinkled with sugar crystals.
Baked at 375 for 25 minutes and they came out wonderful. The Apple is done perfectly and the caramel leaked out a bit fortunately I had baked them on parchment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti