Friday, January 29, 2016

Valentine Pizza Cookies

My friend had posted this little sketch on her Instagram.
I commented under it that I could translate it into cookie. She thought that was a good idea. I did not document my progress very well but here is what I have.
I used a candy corn cutter that I made just more elongated and my speech bubble cutter.
I flooded the crust first piped and flooded the pepperonis and let it set for about 20 minutes, then I flooded with an ivory for the cheese. Put in black pearl eyes. On the speech bubble I just left myself an edge so I could put a rim around it with sprinkles when the inside was dry.
Done with piping the mouth and lettering and putting the heart sprinkle border on. But they needed something more so I cut a piece of cardboard to mask off the cheese part and sprayed the crust with orange color mist then brushed on some brown lustre dust. Then used pink lustre dust for the cheeks.
Always amazing the dimension you get from just a little lustre dust. She loved them and I am very happy with them,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti