Friday, January 29, 2016

Good Idea Light Bulb Valentines

For the most part every cookie starts with a sketch of an idea that I have. Well I took the "idea" and ran with it. I used a heart cutter and made a lightbulb base out of a piece of metal that is for making cookie cutters.
I pieced them together and baked them.
I flooded the bulb part with white and immediately added the cheeks with pink and the highlights with yellow. Then I put on black pearls for the eyes.


Then I set them aside to set up before piping on the gray for the base.
I let them dry for 20 minutes so it could set up and I could add the dimension to the base.

After they dried I masked off the white and sprayed the base with silver spray. It is hard to tell but it made a big difference. 
When they were dry I used a fine tip black food marker pen and drew on the element
Then I used a new food only soft brush to brush on the yellow Wilton pearl dust.

I piped on the mouth with a PME 00 tip. 
For the speech bubble I piped white and flooded leaving an edge so I could add pink around the outside.

I piped on the lettering and let it dry then piped the pink.
I immediately added the sprinkles to the edge.


Very happy with the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti