Saturday, January 23, 2016

Valentine Cassette Mix Tape Sugar Cookie

Since the radio stations have been playing a lot of Eagles songs and that is the soundtrack of my teen years, I got to thinking about cassette tapes and how we used to make mix tapes for people we liked and that led to thinking how to translate that into cookie. I was looking at a present with a bow cookie cutter and turned it upside down and there it was. A cassette tape with the tape coming out because it got played so much and got caught in the tape player. 
The first ones I made with the smaller cookie cutter. I cut stencils to mark my lines so I could keep them uniform.
At this point I kept seeing robot so...those are coming later. Hahahah 
Added the brown tape parts
Added the white label and let them dry overnight.
Really pleased with how they turned out. Thought I could do a birthday mix and write "happy" with the tape. Wedding...the possibilities are endless. Hahahaha
I used my food markers to make the lines of color on all these because I wanted them different. Then I dug out the large present cutter and trimmed about an inch off the present part to make these next one which are a little bigger than an actual cassette. These I piped the pink lines on the label and had room to add a heart at the bottom. Let them dry overnight and finished the details.
This is my favorite. I used a tiny Nebraska stencil to make that design and stamped the tiny hearts and flowers. Truly the soundtrack of my teens. 

I made a few for some friends. What a fun project. My house isn't clean but I enjoyed every minute of making these.

1 comment:

  1. They tasted great as well as being adorable! I love you Patti!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Baking,

Patti