Saturday, July 16, 2011

Well, DUH...

Here's why I said "Duh" - I had bright frosting left from the tie-dye cookies and thought that since I had company coming I would get some cookies out of the freezer and decorate them for that. So I set to work. The bottom right is my first one then I did three more and as I was doing the fourth cookie I thought "WHAT AM I DOING!! I could just put the colors on there and use a toothpick to create the design!" So the top left two and bottom left one are the "after the duh" ones and I liked them much better. They look much more complicated and took about 1/4 the time. So I am justified in saying "DUH"  to myself.
Also made this "cake" for that dinner. Ashley had sent me the idea for the cake from another blog.
 {I apologize that I can't remember what one.}
 I have always made my popcorn balls this way but never added things to it. 
What you need:
Angel food or bundt pan, sprayed with butter flavor Pam.
2 bags of microwave popcorn (butter flavor) 
or if you are super healthy and want to make the popcorn then fine...but I was in a hurry.
2 sticks of butter melted
16 oz. bag of mini marshmallows
1 cup of mini m&m's (reserve about a Tbsp.)
1 cup broken up pretzels
Pop the popcorn and get rid of the kernels that didn't pop.
 {I dumped mine into a vegetable steamer with bigger holes and the popcorn stayed in and the seeds fell out. Can you say "genius"? haha}
Stir it together with the m&m's and pretzels in a very large bowl.
Melt the butter and marshmallows until silky and combined.
Pour this mixture over the popcorn mixture.
Stir gently to combine, sprinkle the reserved m&m's into the bottom of the pan, press the popcorn mixture on top and let cool for a bit. Turn out onto a cake plate. Slice and enjoy.
I think this cake would be fun for a kids party. Perhaps make cookies that look like candles and put them on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti