Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oatmeal Sugar Cookies explained -

When I made the Oatmeal Sugar Cookies on the 4th I had Quaker Quick Oats for them but I knew that I wouldn't be able to cut them out with whole oats in them so I put three cups {one cup at a time} of them through the food processor until they were fairly finely ground. I suppose you could use oat flour but I did sort of want the texture of oatmeal cookies. Anyway...I made the basic sugar cookie recipe but replaced 3 cups of the flour with the three cups of oats I ground up. Replaced 1 cup of the white sugar with 1 cup brown sugar. The only thing I would change next time is that this recipe didn't seem to need the 2/3 cup of eggs. I think 2 eggs would have done it because I had to add a little more flour to make them not too sticky. So when I try them again I will try that. Also I didn't add the 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. cloves that I put in my  regular oatmeal cookies but that would be good in these I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti