Thursday, June 30, 2011

More Merry Cookies-

I decided to make chocolate sugar cookies as well to take to Merry's and besides this is my form of relaxation.
I wanted to make stars and so while digging around my Christmas cutters for a star I found another cutter and had an inspiration!
The cutter is supposed to be the star over the manger but when I picked it up to see what it was I thought it would make a great firework in the sky. So I filled them blue, let that dry, then piped on white and while it was wet sprinkled on the colored sugar. I think they turned out exactly like I saw them in my head and that makes me really happy.
 The body of these {a much larger rocket} is my birdhouse cutter. 
I just wanted to make some bigger ones to give to some people. 
Notice that I put the red in the center of the spark and I like that much better.
These were just going to be simple single color stars to fill with the other decorated cookies but then there was a toothpick laying there and they became what they are.
Happy 4th of July.
I will not be making cookies for at least a week because of tour. 
So see you the next time I get inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti