Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chocolate Cake -

But it's a very good one.
I found the recipe for it, the filling and frosting on the internet and thought I would try it.
 Mainly because I was curious about the toasted marshmallow filling.
It is a very rich cake. And the frosting is delicious. 
I think that I would do it differently next time. The instructions said to cut the cakes in half and put the marshmallow and chocolate frosting alternately on each layer. 
I think, when I make it again, I will just put the marshmallow filling between the two cakes and then frost it with the chocolate. 
It was a tad too rich for me with all that filling between thin layers of cake. 
But it is so good.
And I used my little flag cookies to decorate it.

You can't tell from this but there are 3 layers of toasted marshmallow frosting. 
And it is on my lovely cake stand that I found at Target for $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti