Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Merry 4th -

Every year the Merry family has a big 4th of July celebration 
on the 3rd of July.
I made some cookies to take.
{I saw the bottle rocket idea on another blog}
On her's she used a template and cut around it with a knife. I just wanted to use a cookie cutter and then I remembered that I had an arrow shape. So I went to get that and saw a little funky pumpkin shape and thought it would make a great smoke bomb cookie. So credit to Sugarbelle for the bottle rocket idea and me for the smoke bomb. She outlined her whole cookie in black. I didn't want to. She used flat bamboo skewers and "glued" her spark on with icing. I used lollipop sticks {cut in half to make them shorter} and put both the firework and the spark on then baked them. Ok, photos.
Star of David mini cutter for the spark and an arrow for the rocket. The stick becomes the fuse.
Little pumpkin for the smoke bomb.
I love my stackable cooling racks.
To get the "burst" on the spark I outlined and filled a little with yellow then put an orange dot in the middle.
Pulled a toothpick through from the center of the orange dot out to each point and you have a spark.
{If I would have wanted to get really elaborate I would have put a red dot at the very center and made a lovely three color spark, I didn't}
Let those dry for awhile then outlined the top of the arrow with blue.
Let that set up for about 10 minutes then filled the blue in.
Added white stripes and let them dry for 10 minutes.
Then added red stripes and let them dry.
 Outlined the base in white, added a star.
 {I just drew it with a tiny tip and then filled it in}
 They make me smile. Thanks to Sugarbelle for the idea.
For my smoke bombs the spark is the same then I just outlined and filled the bottom in the color I wanted it to be, waited until it dried a little added some dots for decoration. 
There they are all drying so they can be packed away and saved for the 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti