Saturday, July 30, 2016

Monogram Barn Wedding Cookies

Clear back last winter my friend asked me if I would help with her son's rehearsal dinner and the desserts. I said I could do that. Of course I had no way of knowing that we would lose Letti and life would cease to be as it was, but I wanted to hold to that promise. The wedding was being held in a barn and  I wanted to make the cookies rustic and simple so I rough frosted them to hopefully look like peeling paint then used a plastic tool to cut lines into the semi dry icing.
Then I dotted on my nails,
made the lettering look like branches,
added a few leaves around, 
piped on a pink blob for a flower,
put little yellow dots on for small flowers, and piped a swirl onto the pink flower to look like a rose of sorts. 
Josh and Victoria loved them and that is all that mattered in this case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti