Saturday, July 30, 2016

Before I continue...

As my last post April 2 was about our expected granddaughter I feel like I need to just fill in some details. On her birthdate (April 23) Letti Marie entered the world already in the arms of Jesus due to a placental abruption the day before. Our hearts were and are broken and grieved. She is missed everyday and although we know we will meet her in Heaven someday it is a painful path that we still have to walk. She was perfect and beautiful and we have no answers for all our questions but we know God grieves with us and is in control. 
I made cookies for her memorial service shaped like pink balloons because we released balloons in honor of her. Lots of people did. If you search #lettisrainbow you will see all the pictures of people around the country and the world releasing balloons to honor Letti and her parents, Bobbi and Travis.
This picture of Hudson with his cookies paints a thousand words.

There was a spectacular rainbow the next day and we all called it Letti's Rainbow. I needed to make a thank you so I made these cupcakes for that.
Life keeps moving on and some days it is like climbing uphill with a heavy pack but we keep putting one foot in front of the other and holding on to Jesus. "Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, You are with me..." Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti