Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sweet Southwest

When we went to Durango, CO in October I found a bear cookie cutter that looked like so many of the jewelery pieces we saw. So of course I bought it. But it has taken me this long to finally use it. I drew up an idea based on looking at some silver jewelery on the internet.
As you will see I didn't follow these exactly but it helped to have a guide of sorts.
I wanted to be able to use the leftover colors for some Easter cookies so kept the colors on the more pastel side.
These really were very easy and I just free handed the designs.
First I outlined the whole bear.
Next I just started drawing in the inside dividing lines with my black piping icing.
First I filled in all the turquoise spaces, then I went to purple. (I forgot to take a turquoise only picture)
Next came the yellow spaces.
Then my red (which I tried to keep more coral colored but it is turning very red but that is fine)
Then the lime green color.
And last, the orange. I love how they turned out. I did do some of the bears in solid colors and plan to stencil a black design onto them. I will post them when they are done. 
Now I just need someone to give these to...

2 comments:

  1. The frosting art is just right. These cookies remind me of the people in my neighborhood, and I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Baking,

Patti