Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Minnie Mouse Cake and treats

Baked two halves in a couple big cereal bowls. Added what I trimmed to the top to round it off. Crumb coated them both.
Used a large ruffle tip and red buttercream icing for the bottom.
On to the top.
Covered it with black buttercream icing then after about 30 minutes I used a viva paper towel to smooth it out. While it dried a bit I made a fondant trim and bow for around the middle. I used my very old Tupperware texture plates to put texture on the ribbon and bow.
Then I put it on the black part of the cake. And put that onto the red part and breathed a huge sigh of relief!
Added the bow.
Earlier in the week I had made cookie ears and a cookie bow so I added them.
Thought it was adorable but needed something so I cut out fondant letters and then it was just right. 
Here are all the treats at the party. 
And Poppy with her treats.
She loved them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti