Friday, June 5, 2015

Edible Gold and a tiny wedding cake

Getting everything ready for the crumb coat. I went ahead and put color in the curmb coat so I wouldn't have to worry about getting white in my peach.
When they cut the cake there will be navy blue circles in the white cake. I really hope they take a picture of the cut piece of cake. But since it is their wedding I am thinking my photo needs won't be a priority. 
It really stacked so well that I didn't use any skewers in it to keep it straight.
Crumb coat done and off to the fridge.
Later in the afternoon I mixed up the top coat of the cake. I think that is a great match. 
Top coat done and then I let it sit and dry a bit then used a Viva paper towel (It has to be Viva) and a fondant smoother to smooth out the icing the best that I can. If the icing is too fresh it comes off on the towel, if it is too dry it won't smooth out. I took a deep breath and started putting the 23karat edible gold on. I definately am glad I got the one on transfer paper and not the loose sheets. I just cut them in half on the diagonal and then filled in and made sure that the top edge was torn and rough.
I am pleased with the end result. Tomorrow before the wedding I will put the flower and lace on right before the wedding.
Really happy with it so far.
Bryan drove me into town and when we got to the reception I put the finishing touches on the cake.
A gumpaste poppy and sugarveil lace with a sugarveil burlap bow. So excited about how it turned out



Jayme's friend, Jordan, took a photo for me after they cut it. I am so happy that the blue dots turned out. It was a fun cake to make. On to the next project. Monster cookies....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti