Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Minnie Mouse Cake Pops

I had cupcakes left from making the chocolate cake last week so yesterday I decided to see if I could make Minnie Mouse Cake Pops. I loved doing it and I think they turned out perfect!
You can sort of see in this picture above that I drew the circles for the ears and the bows then turned the parchment over so I would not get lead in the candy coating. I piped on the black circles. Then when they were hardened I piped on the bows and as I finished each bow I sprinkled white nonpareils on them. It is very important to make sure the ears are dry before using the nonpareils because you don't want them to stick to the ears. After the ears and bows were hard I dipped one cake ball and placed the ears into the coating then placed the bow. It worked perfectly. Easy and very fun.
I had just bought a new printer and it had the styrofoam in the box so that got used to put them in while they dried. Any port in a storm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti