Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pumpkin Cookies

These are so good, if I do say so myself. This was a recipe I found and modified to make them more moist and cake like. Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream together: 1&1/2 sticks of butter (room temp); 1/2 cup Crisco butter flavor shortening; 1 Cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup organic sugar

Add in: 2 tsp. real vanilla; 2 eggs and 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin puree
Mix well.

By hand stir in : 2&1/2 cups flour; 1 tsp. baking powder; 1/2 tsp. baking soda; 1/2 tsp. salt; 1 tsp. cinnamon; 1/2 tsp. each of ginger and nutmeg; 1/4 tsp. cloves
This batter is almost like a muffin batter. I used my cookie scoop and make sure to put parchment paper on the cookie sheet. 12 per tray bake for 12 minutes at 375. Remove when done to a cooling rack. 
For the icing: cream together 1 (8 oz. block cream cheese); 1/4 cup room temp. butter.; 2 tsp. vanilla; a pinch of salt and 2 cups powdered sugar
I put it in a piping bag and piped it onto the cookies. This recipe made about 62 with the cookie scoop I used. The icing didn't go that far the way I did it. It left about 12 without icing. I put fall leaves sprinkles on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti