Saturday, September 13, 2014

Guess What! Another Wedding and a Party

That's right. My daughter, Jayme got engaged and their wedding is October 19 so I started making cookies for her special day.
They decided on Navy, Gold, Red and Mint. So I made 45 of these simple mint colored hearts, and 40 of these round gold sugared monograms.
Today I finished 47 of these gold wedding cake cookies.
Feels good to have all those in the freezer. I really like how the wedding cakes turned out. This was my original design and I just didn't like it. Glad I only tried 4... sometimes things seem good on paper or in my head but in actuality they aren't that great. I'm glad I tried again.
The weekend after the wedding we have our biggest family get together of the year. This year it will be 39 people. Such a fun time of eating and carving pumpkins and a hay ride.
Of course I make cookies for everyone. I sketched out this design from a cookie cutter that I have that is a pickup with a tree in it. So I trimmed the tree off and cut the bottom off the little pumpkin and made it a truck with a huge pumpkin in it. Took a bit of work but worth the end product.
So today I decided to do 10 of the 40 that I need to do.
In retrospect I am not sure I needed the dark icing in the wheel wells but it didn't take too much time or effort and if my tires didn't touch then it was covered. I am thrilled with the end result.
From design to completion a really fun cookie to make. Only 30 more to go. The next ones I won't have to mix colors and prepare icing though so they should go faster. These 10 took 2 hours. The cookie cutter is from Karen's Cookies. I learned by error that you can't use food markers, freeze the cookie and have it turn out ok. The color bleeds... So I will write on these after they are room temperature on the day I use them. I want to write on that white panel the event and date.  
These made for this event also and also purchased from Karen's Cookies. I just loved the silverware cutters!! Had to have them. I did these yesterday.
And finished off with Wilton pearl lustre spray to make them really shine.
They just make me smile! I think the next time I do them I will do the handle design wet on wet instead of the way I did these. It would be much faster and easier. That spray makes such a difference in the look of them. Fun products.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti