Saturday, August 13, 2011

Of course they land on the same day...

Last week I had two young moms email me and ask if I would make cookies for their 3 year old's birthday party. I said yes to both {without asking dates or quantity} I will learn someday but I wanted to do both of these. Actually it turned out fine. 8 cookies for one and 20 for the other. BUT {and here is where I needed to look at my calendar} I also that same week have a dinner at church that I have to decorate a table for and I had no idea what to do until Bobbi asked me if I have ever played "Words With Friends" {which is basically Scrabble on your phone} and I got an idea. The decorations can be anything so I thought well I want to use cookies and if I use a game theme I can make Scrabble tile cookies for everyone and they can play "Words With Friends" at the table. I have all sorts of ideas now on how to decorate. I will be sure and take pictures.
So yesterday I made the tiles and got the 'wood' color on them so I could put them in the freezer. Also made the Mickey's and the Peacock feathers {yes, Finley wants a Peacock birthday}. So all that is in the freezer and waiting to be decorated Tuesday the 23. 
Letter tiles.
 Had to use two sizes of round cutter to create Mickey but it worked just fine.
Had to make a feather cutter. 
Fortunately I had just gotten my cookie cutter metal in the mail.


There will for sure be pictures when I decorate all these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti