Friday, May 27, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

Today I decided to see what would happen if I colored the dough. Remember the little fish cutter I made? Well, I got to thinking about Rainbow Fish and then just went crazy. I made a batch of dough and used 4 egg whites instead of 2 eggs, replaced the real vanilla with clear vanilla. All this to make a more white dough so the colors would be more true. I divided the dough into 6 even pieces and colored each piece with a different color. I rolled it out to about 1/4 inch and cut out 30 little fish from each color. Sprinkled them with matching sugar and baked at 350 for 10 minutes. 
I baked each color separately.
That copper fish cutter was just too big for what I wanted. 
So I made the smaller one. 
 Put my thumb in this picture to show how big the fish are.
 Ok, so what to do with the leftover colors...Tie dye T-shirts. I rolled each color into a long "snake", laid them next to each other, cut them in half, stacked the two halves, cut in half again, stacked again, then mashed it together and rolled it out to about 3/8 inch and make T-shirt cookie pops.
 Here are the fish in their jars. They make me smile.
I glazed the T-shirt pops and then added some 70's groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti