Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Real Madrid Jersey Cake

Trey turns 23 this Wednesday and LOVES Real Madrid. So I made him a jersey cake.
First I printed out pictures of the Real Madrid logo, the Adidas logo and the Fly Emirates logo. Then using fondant I made the shape of the Real Madrid logo and let it dry for a bit. I did run a stitching wheel around the outside so it would look stitched on. 
 In the meantime I cut out the Adidas logo. I used my FMM Sugarcraft Block letters and trimmed them to look like the adidas writing.
Next I baked a white 9x13 cake and let it cool. While that was cooling I made a placket with buttons.
and cut around paper cut outs of the "Fly Emirates" logo for the shirt.
That was definately the most intricate cutting but I did use an Exacto knife and it worked great. 
I trimmed out a collar area on the cake. Forgot to take a picture...made a collar out of white fondant and draped it over that area so it could dry a bit to shape. 

When the Real Madrid logo was dry enough I used my Rainbowdust food color markers and colored in the logo. Mostly I just looked at the picture and freehanded it.
Then I made white buttercream icing and added white food color to it to brighten the white. Iced the cake, smoothed it with a viva towel and began placing my pieces.
I started with the color and placket
Then the Real Madrid logo
The adidas loge was next. I used a tweezers to place the pieces of this and the next one.
At this point I thought I was done...
Looked online to make sure I had it right and realized there are three stripes on the shoulders. So I cut three stripes for each shoulder and placed them on the upper edge of the cake.
Again, thought I was done...
Decided to make a tag for the collar.
Used my FMM Sugarcraft letters to cut out Trey's name and gently rolled it into some white fondant then put stitching to look like it is sewn into the shirt.
So now it feels done...
But then this morning I decided it needed a price tag. 
This is why I should just deliver them!! I will never be done. 
I am done now. And very pleased with the outcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti