Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sandwich Cookies...

and I don't mean Oreos. I decided to make some cookies that looked like the ingredients to a ham and cheese sandwich. I am so pleased with how they turned out. I used a Wonder Bread crust trimmer to make the bread cookies, a large pumpkin to make the ham, a maple leaf (I cut the leaves out a bit thicker than normal and then rolled them out to normal thickness to distort the distinct Maple look they had), a large square and two small circle cutters to make the Swiss cheese, a large circle to make the tomato. They were such huge cookies that before I baked them I cut them in half on the diagonal and am really happy I did. It made 49 cookies. I packaged them up with bread on the bottom then the fillings then bread on top so remember if you do this to make twice as many bread as the other fillings. If you aren't packing them as "sandwiches" then just make what you want. Every stage of this process made me smile. All in all it was a very fun easy project. I think they would be fun for a picnic or BBQ.







1 comment:

Happy Baking,

Patti