Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's been too long...

I haven't had time for about 6 months now to do any cookie making. Finally all the demands on my spare time (sort of) are over. I told Ashley the other day that I would make cookies for her office "White" Party that they are having on Friday. Since she works for UNL the shape of Nebraska seemed appropriate. Since it is a white party they cookies will be frosted white and then a white design on them. But this blog isn't really about that it is about getting back into the groove of baking and decorating cookies. Failures and successes.
Failure #1: I forgot to put salt in the first batch of cookies...and I had cut out and baked them all...
Failure #2: While baking the saltless cookies...I turned off the timer but forgot the cookies in the oven...forget to set the timer...twice...
Failure #3: After discovering the omitted salt and starting on batch #2...I burned the white chocolate I was melting...twice...
Failure #4: I decided to get a jump on today by mixing up my Royal Icing last night...when I went to use it today I thought it looked pink and realized it was pink...bits of leftover red food coloring from the paddle on the mixer...

But now 98 cookies later. Batches 2-4 went well...icing batches 2&3 mixed up a perfect white. All cookies are iced and drying. Tomorrow I will stamp the design on them and pipe over it with white. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Baking,

Patti