Sunday, February 19, 2012

High Heeled Cupcakes-

One day my niece, Erin, had a picture on her Facebook of some cupcake high heels. I decided to make some for Bobbi and the ladies at her new salon, Plush. I did have to create a cookie cutter for the shape of the sole of the shoe. Then I made sugar cookies with 3" Popsicle stick in the wide end to hold it in the cupcake. Then I attached a rolled wafer cookie to the bottom of that for the heel.

 I probably would take the time next time to use royal icing on the cookie part and make the cupcakes higher somehow but I was pleased with how simple and cute they were when they were done.
For Valentine's Day I just made Red Velvet Sugar cookies and used cream cheese icing and just some of my sprinkles to decorate. I was tired and out of creativity.  But sometimes just doing that is so fun.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if you would do a cookie order for a wedding? Can you email me please? lgleavitt@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Happy Baking,

Patti